Google
 

Monday, July 30, 2007

"The Total Money Makeover" (chapter 13 and recommendation)


It has been fun to re-read Dave Ramsey's The Total Money Makeover. This makes four times through the book for me, and I get excited every time I read it. Each time I read the baby steps, and see them build, I want even more to be debt free. It is going to be a great day! We have a goal in place, and we are doing all we can to reach it!

The final chapter is very brief, only covering 5 pages. It is meant to put the teachings found in the book into their proper place. Ramsey mentions Proverbs 10:15, which teach that a rich man's wealth can become his walled city. He goes on to simply remind us that, even if we become debt-free and have millions of dollars to our name, that's not the most important thing. I couldn't agree more!

If you haven't been able to tell, I highly recommend reading and applying this book. I have tried to mention a few things in the book with which I do not agree, but there simply are not many! Ramsey makes the process logical, focused, and--when done as a family--fun.

If you wish to order a copy of this great book, click on the link below.



To read any of the chapter reviews in this series, click on the appropriate link:



Chapters on "Attitude"












Chapters on "Action" (the Baby Steps)















I hope this series has been helpful and has helped you think about your financial situation. The next book I will review will deal specifically with giving.

No comments: