Google
 

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"The Automatic Millionaire" (Conclusion)

The last section of David Bach's book is brief, but, in my mind, it is a solid conclusion. Entitled "Your Journey Begins Today!" this section simply gives a "pep talk" to those who might have read the book and thought, "That works for some folks, but not for me."

Bach takes a moment to remind the reader of the most important step to any financial plan: "You just need to start" (226). How true that is! For the rest of this short section (it is only four pages), Bach reminds the reader of the different chapters and asks you to re-read whichever will get you going (or going again).

For me, the best part of this book is the opening story, about the McIntyres. It's one of those "if they can do it, I can, too" type of stories.

Buy or Don't Buy: My Recommendation

I have read Automatic Millionaire cover-to-cover on more than one occasion. I am glad I own the book and it is helpful.

My personal feeling is that someone just starting out needs to read Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover first. For my money, that book is more practical and helpful.

That being said, if you have read Ramsey's book and still need a little encouragement, The Automatic Millionaire can deliver. You will obviously find some differences in the books, but you will also find help in both.

So, my recommendation is to buy Dave's book first, but make sure you add Bach's book to your library eventually.

No comments: